Fortunaglobal powers TV Derana to revolutionize Presidential Election coverage in Sri Lanka

November, 20, 2019

As TV Derana celebrated its 14th anniversary recently, marking consecutive years at the forefront of the media industry in Sri Lanka, it was strongly supported by trusted long-time digital partner - Fortunaglobal, which has developed web portals and mobile applications for Derana and Ada Derana to help achieve its successful digital revolution.

Today, is acknowledged as the No. 1 online news portal in Sri Lanka and TV Derana, powered by a strong digital product, as being the highest rated TV channel in the country.

Ada Derana is in the forefront of Sri Lankan news dissemination, with the highest viewership during times of election. Ada Derana election presentations were the most widely shared images and designs in the 2018 local government elections, followed by the just concluded 2019 presidential elections.

Fortunaglobal’s cloud hosted solution, optimized for viewership scales automatically for breaking news and for sudden surges during election telecasts. It runs a full stack enabling election reporting with comparison analysis of previous elections. Integrating Omni channel including TV presentation module for news anchors along with real time access for Fortuna Analytics along with channel access to mobile and web users and augmented reality on TV. Ada Derana being the most visited elections module in the island had five hundred thousand current and new subscribers, of which half a million belonged to the latter with 77% engaging on mobile and the remaining 23% on tabs and desktops, reaching out to the global subscribers as well. Speaking on behalf of Fortunaglobal, CEO Suren Kohombange said: “Fortunaglobal launched Derana's Digital presence in 2007 and we are proud to continually redefine Sri Lanka's viewer experience and develop a robust engagement media platform.  We provide cutting edge solutions to empower Sri Lankans to access news and content through mobile and online.  Fortunaglobal is committed to creating access and participation through the digital revolution.

Fortungalobal, a leader in the transformation of the digital news industry in Sri Lanka, by launching pioneering mobile-based news apps with its partnership with Derana along with FM Derana, Ada Derana, Pulse, TV Derana and Thamilan and other news sites. These Apps have developed a strong mobile app-based customer base. Fortunaglobal runs its own high-performance news and media engine developed to cater to huge spikes depending on news in Sri Lanka and also the same for entertainment channels such as TV Derana and lifestyle sites as The company is also a proud partner of Liberty newspapers with the digitalization of The and Aruna newspapers.

Suren Kohombange - CEO, Fortunaglobal