February, 18, 2020
In a bid to accelerate its global footprint, Mahindra & Mahindra, the country's leading utility vehicle maker inaugurated its first completely knocked down facility in Sri Lanka in August 19 with its local joint venture partner Ideal Motors under the subsidiary Mahindra Ideal Lanka.
The local automotive car assembly plant at Welipenna, near Colombo, Sri Lanka will assemble a range of utility vehicles and commercial vehicles for the company.
Accordingly, KUV100 NXT is the first “Made in Sri Lanka” product rolled out under the state of the art CKD assembly facility in Welipenna. The production capacity of the plant is 5000 units per annum.
The product will hit the market for Rs.3,050,000/ onwards, supported by exclusive finance tie-ups with 3-year Warranty.
Mahindra Ideal Lanka have localized 4 components, namely battery, tyres, seats and exhaust. The plant is expected to provide employment in the tune of 200 people directly and indirectly over the next 2 years.
The assembly plant has rolled out its first product -KUV100 NXT K6+ and will roll out a slew of products over the next 3 years.
About KUV100 NXT K6+: Synopsis:
High Tech Performance –
- 1.2 Litre/ 1198 cc mFALCON Petrol engine
- Max. power: 82bhp @ 5500 rpm & Max. torque: 115Nm @ 3500-3600 rpm. Commanding SUV Stance & Drive -
- Tall & Wide SUV Stance with height of 5’5’’ - High Ground Clearance – 170 mm
- Long Travel suspension to tackle potholes
- Muscular and Aggressive Front Bumper
- New Dual Chamber Sunglass Inspired Headlamps & More
Class Leading Features:
- 7” capacitive touchscreen infotainment with bluetooth connectivity
- 15” sporty diamond cut, 2 tone alloy wheels
- Console mounted joystick gear lever for stress free gear change with gear shift alerts. - Intellipark: rear sensors
- Electric power steering with steering mounted controls
- Solid SUV build & stability with ultra high strength steel - 9th Generation Bosch Anti Braking System (ABS) with EBD. - Dual Airbags
- Automatic hazard lights on panic braking
- Speed sensing automatic door locks
- Expandable spacious boot space 243 Litre / 473 litres with 2nd row folded
- Colours available – White, Red, Black and Silver
- Options – Dual Tone colors, Front Arm Rest, Fog Lamp, Mud Flaps, and more.
About KUV100 NXT K6+: Open Doors for Sale
Price: Available island wide @ LKR.. 3,050,000/ onwards, supported by exclusive finance tie-ups.
Complete Peace of Mind:
- Warranty – 3 years/ 100,000 km
- Island wide service network of Ideal Motors
- 24x7 Roadside assistance. Booking Open:
- Inaugurated its 1st exclusive passenger vehicle showroom in Nunion Place, Colombo on 24th
January’20 and starts the island wide sale. - Doors Open across island for Test Drive and Booking on first come first basis.
About Mahindra Group
The Mahindra Group is a USD 20.7 billion federation of companies that enables people to rise through innovative mobility solutions, driving rural prosperity, enhancing urban living, nurturing new businesses and fostering communities. It enjoys a leadership position in utility vehicles, information technology, financial services and vacation ownership in India and is the world’s largest tractor company, by volume. It also enjoys a strong presence in agribusiness, aerospace, commercial vehicles, components, defense, logistics, real estate, renewable energy, speedboats and steel, amongst other businesses.
Photo Caption: Ideal Finance Chairman Nalin Welgama posing next to new KUV100 NXT